Skip to content
When accepting a firearm handed to you by another person:
- Check that the action is opened before touching the firearm. If it isn’t, ask the person who is handing you the firearm to open it for you.
- Visually check that the chamber is empty of ammunition and the magazine is empty or has been removed before touching the firearm.
- Grasp the firearm with both hands, keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Say thank you to alert the passer to release the firearm.
- Once the firearm is in your control PROVE that it is unloaded and safe to handle.